- They have kept me awake at nights — musing and pondering over what new twist the plot would reveal;
- I have included them in my prayers — “Please God, don’t let me die, before I read _________. I don’t think I could bear the suspense for eternity;
- I have obsessively stalked e-commerce portals to see if it is available yet for ‘pre-order’;
- I have visited the shady corners of the world wide web, looking for that one elusive clue as to what to expect in the upcoming book;
- I have suffered the agony of impatience and learnt the lessons of patience over them;
…..the top seven (the magical number) sequels I can’t wait to get (as per the prompt from The Broke and the Bookish)
- Princess Diaries Royal Wedding: I think I screamed when I learnt that Meg Cabot intended to write a sequel to the tenth part of her famous teenage novel series, featuring Mia Thermopolis. The cherry on the cake is that it is set after a considerable time gap from the tenth book, and is about Mia’s wedding to Michael (my favourite fictional romantic hero of all time). Isn’t that what all fans dream about?! Finding out what happened in the life of their favourite characters…after the last page has been turned. 2015 can’t come soon enough!
- Mediator: Remembrance: If the 11th Princess Diaries book wasn’t enough, Meg Cabot also announced a seventh installment in my second favourite series by her – the Mediator series. As soon as I am done sighing wistfully over Mia and Michael’s happy ending, I will also have the opportunity to swoon over Jess and his ‘querida’ Suzanne’s life.
- 39 Clues: DoubleCross: Mission Titanic: On 26th April 2014 (co-incidentally one day after my birthday) the next installment of 39 clues was announced. I finished the last part of the series only a few weeks ago (after a frenzied period when I nearly stopped eating and drinking, and spent nearly all my waking hours poring over the novel), I already can’t wait to read the next part.
- Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes: Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods was a witty, tongue-in-cheek, and undoubtedly unique book on Greek mythology. I can barely wait for the next installment from the Myth Master, Rick Riordan, to be released on the protagonist Percy Jackson’s birthday, August 18, 2015. Campers of Camp Half Blood, mark that date! Plus, there is the new series of Magnus Chase to look forward to as well!! 😀
- The Unnamed Sequel to The Staff of Serapis: What can be better than the sequel of your favourite book — when the characters from two of your favourite books meet, and the two worlds, collide! Like in Rick Riordan’s Staff of Serapis and Son of Sobek – a fusion of the characters from Kane Chronicles and Heroes of Olympus! Now, I am just waiting for the final installment of what Riordan (unfortunately!) declared as a trilogy.
- Fever Code: James Dashner’s Maze Runner series is hauntingly beautiful. It talks of a future that is scary in its realism (the world destroyed in a ecological disaster brought on global warming – yeah that’s never gonna happen!) and mesmerizing in its narration. I gobbled the first five book — can’t wait for the next serving!
- The Ruby Circle: The Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead is a guilty pleasure of mine! I have read and re-read the entire series, and I can’t wait to for more of Adrian and Sydney’s sizzling chemistry.