Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers, with less than 200 followers, as a kind of appreciation or welcome gift to the world of blogging. Needless to say I was deeply flattered, when Mayur Wadhwani recommended me the award. Do visit his blog!! His posts are compassionate, and truly enlightening about human nature. His words will make you laugh and cry with poignant joy.
The rules are pretty straightforward:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination.
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answers.
So, here are my answers:
1. What is your relaxing mantra?
A. I listen to music or write. Writing soothes me down quicker than anything else.
2. Which incident has touched you the most in life?
A. When my short story got published in the magazine, ‘Children’s World’. It boosted my self-confidence, and instilled in me a new zest for writing.
3. What’s the thing you wanted most in your life?
A. To have my own villa, with a huge personal library, where books keeps magically appearing, and my favourite series (Harry Potter, Five Find-Outers, Percy Jackson etc.) never get over. Nor do I have to wait for an year or more for the book to be released. This library has been my dream since childhood.
4. Which of your childhood memory is the prettiest one, please brief.
A. I remember this one hot summer day, when I was trudging home from school, exhausted from a hectic day. And then I saw my mother, standing at the kitchen window, smiling at me. It is my best childhood memory.
5. The top 5 destinations you want to cover in your life.
A. There are so many more than 5, but here are the ones I most wanna visit:
- Orlando, Florida – Disney World and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Rome, Italy
- Nice, France
6. Your favourite movie.
A. The Sound of Music
7. Which is your favorite book and why?
A. This is the toughest question I have ever answered. My favourite book keeps changing every week. Two days back I started reading ‘Divergent’, finished it, and moved on to ‘Insurgent’ which Ia m currently reading, so if you ask me my favourite book today at gunpoint, I guess it’s gonna be Divergent, but it will definitely change next week. Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Kane Chronicles, Artemis Fowl and all of Meg Cabot’s books are also some of my evergreen favourites.
8. What was your first post on your blog?
A. My first post was titled ‘On the Last Day of Exams…’. It mostly celebrated that moment of pure joy when exams are over, and the holidays stretch in front of you with the promise of all things good and fun.
9. If given chance, which fantasy world would you like to live in and why?
A. I would LOVE to attend Hogwarts, and be a wizard. As a child when I first started reading Harry Potter, me and my friend had memorized all the spells in the book, faster than we ever learnt any of our lessons. We use to quiz each other in class about them, and our eternal dream was to attend Hogwarts. That dream is still fresh.
10. Why did you start writing a blog?
A. Writing a blog exposed my works on an international level. Before I opened my blog I only received feedback from those near me – my friends and family, now I can get feedback from people all over the world. Plus there is a sense of jubilation in owning a piece of the vast internet universe to write what you want. My blog gave me a place to voice my dreams and opinions, and have them echoed by like-minded individuals.
Plus my exams were over and I wanted a new hobby 😉
10. Your favourite quote from movie/book.
A. This quote from Harper Lee’s Pulitzer-prize winning debut novel ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’:
You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view… Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.
It was a difficult job choosing only eleven people to recommend for this award. There are so many wonderful bloggers in this blogging universe, but here is my list, in no particular order:
- Aman Johri
- Eric Schweitz
- Paroma Bose
- Minakshi Manjari
- Nola Roots
- Thain In Vain
- Un trago de leche para la Luna
- All Things Bright and Beautiful
- Randomly Random Thoughts
My 11 questions are:
- What was your first blog post about?
- Why did you start a blog?
- Your earliest childhood memory.
- Do you believe in the concept of ‘soul-mates’?
- Which form and genre do you like to write in?
- One blogger/author you greatly admire.
- A quote or thought that always stayed with you.
- Five words that sum up your personality.
- If you had a time machine, one event in your life you would like to go back to and why?
- What would be your ideal job?
- One fictional character from a book or a movie with whom you would like to exchange lives with for a day.
Cheers! Have fun 😀